I Love My Job for So Many Reasons!

It is such a joy and a blessing for me to work at the wonderful preschool, Building Blocks Learning Center! I love every minute of being with those kiddos. Teaching them to stand, walk, say their first words, use a few signs, give hugs, dance, dust off their hands when they fall, SHARE :), kissing away boo-boos, and doing their first art projects are just some of the perks to my job. Of course that's accompanied with blowout diapers, runny noses, teething, slobber, tears, and smells you wouldn't believe could come from someone so small. I wouldn't trade it. 


However, what makes it all worth it, I get to teach them about Jesus. Of course, they're one year olds and they don't understand 90% of what I'm saying (maybe more than that), but they understand love and affection, all of which I believe I have received from Jesus Christ. I desire for each of these kids to know the saving love of Christ, and I'm so thankful that I work in an environment that allows me to teach it to them (to the best of my ability). 
Mrs. Peggy and I in the classroom

All of this is made possible by our wonderful Director, Peggy Degler, and her awesome staff (of which I am beyond blessed to be a part). These ladies are hard workers, encouragers, and awesome supporters! So, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was, when shortly after announcing that Joseph and I are adopting from Ethiopia they had already started planning a Thirty-One Party Fundraiser! 

Christy Sherrill, a fellow teacher, approached Melissa Warlick, who is a Thirty-One consultant and subs at the pre-school on occasion (click on her name to view Thirty-One products), about hosting a fundraising party for me. Melissa graciously agreed to give 100% of her commissions from the party to our adoption fund, and Peggy allowed all of the pre-school parents to be invited and participate! I cannot begin to explain the depths of overwhelming gratitude I feel! 
Sweet Christy!

This party alone raised $400 toward our adoption!!! All because of their generosity... 

So, I wanted to say THANK YOU to the BBLC staff, Peggy, Christy, and Melissa, and the BBLC parents for all of your hard work and your generosity! You are helping us bring our little one home to his or her forever family! For that, we are forever indebted to you.

Little Thigpen, there are so many people who cannot wait to meet you! They're helping us along the way to bring you home, and waiting anxiously to see you for the first time. Waiting for you. ~Mommy


***If you would like to donate to our adoption fund, please click the "Support Our Adoption" tab located at the top of this page. Every dollar counts!***

Comments